Friday, July 19, 2013

Faces of the Past - Betsy Ware

 
 
Betsy WARE - an "unknown" person to me! 
[no connection to my families or their friends]
 
In one of my vintage/antiquing adventures
I found this picture.  Do you look at old pictures
the way I do when you go to antique stores?
 
 
 
Betsy Ware
other names associated with Betsy:
Mildred Hart Blake
Alice Ware Hart
 
My antiquing companion (my sister)
knows that I love old pictures and I look through
them at antique places!  
 
We came across
Betsy Ware on one of our treks through
the Texas Hill Country going down to the Gonzales
area where our Baldridge, Zumwalt, Tillery,
and Callaway ancestors came (some pre-Texas revolution days).
We were headed to the Andrew Kent Muster
(he died in the Alamo and that's another
story for another day)!
 
 
Do you now who Betsy Ware is?  Are you
her family? She may be the Betsy Ware of a Rapides, LA
family, but I cannot confirm it.
Let me know and I will
gladly send you the original picture!
 
Happy Hunting,

Revis


1 comment:

  1. I have a gg-aunt Elizabeth "Betsey" Ware who was born in Marion County, Alabama. She never married and was last seen in the 1910 census with her nephew in Oklahoma. Could be!!

    ReplyDelete