Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Talented Tuesday - my cousin Marty Stuart


Yes, he's still making music, and though
I have other talented folks in my
ancestry, today I wanted to feature
my very talented (what instrument does
he not play?) cousin, Marty Stuart.
 
We got to attend one of his concerts
at New Braunfels, Texas earlier this summer.
What a good time we had!
 
 
 
Me, my sister and my Mother with her
3rd cousin, Marty Stuart at New Braunfels, Texas

 
Catch Marty and the Fabulous Superlatives
if they come your way!  You won't be disappointed!
 
His season finale of RFD-TV's "The Marty Stuart Show"
was taped in his hometown of Philadelphia
(Neshoba Co.) MS.
 
 Marty and my Mother share 2nd great-grandparents,
William Davis Stuart (a/k/a Stewart/Steward)
(b. 22 Feb 1832-AL, d. 20 Jul 1907-Neshoba Co. MS)
and Hannah Jones Stuart
(b. 03 Oct 1833-AL, d. May 1904-MS)
 
 
Mother's great-grandfather,
James Monroe Stuart, and
Marty's great-grandfather,
John Leroy Stuart,
were children numbers 10 and 11
out of a total of 13 for
Hannah and William D. Stuart.
 
William Davis Stuart is close kin
(probably a son) of
William Stewart (d. aft 1870) of Winston Co. MS 
and wife Polly.  Y-DNA testing of one of their
descendants and one of my MS Stuart male cousin's
confirms us as a match.
 
Happy Hunting,
Revis
 
 


1 comment:

  1. That's such a nice photo and souvenir of your concert-visit with your talented cousin!

    ReplyDelete